The advent of the Internet with its abundance of information gives real estate investors the impression that professional real estate practitioners contribute very little to a purchase transaction. There is a false impression that real estate agents just enter search information into Internet databases and then sits back and wait for a list of properties to present to their buyer. This assumption can’t be further from the truth.
Agents at Katchen Company make their living dealing in their chosen market area. Not only do they actively promote their business and themselves in their area they make it a point to know the transactions that have occurred and the properties that are currently on the market. By studying the information available on the multiple databases the company subscribes to on a daily basis Katchen Company’s real estate professionals can identify trends in the market that a consumer wouldn’t be aware of by casually browsing Internet listing services.
Katchen Company’s agents also study every aspect of the products they represent. Whether specializing in one product type or representing the whole range of real estate, agents have knowledge of construction methods, materials and designs. This knowledge helps our professionals determine if a property is being marketed at a fair price.
Because of the complex nature of real estate transactions Katchen Company’s trained team of agents is experienced in financial analysis and financing requirements necessary to close a deal. Our well established relationships with local, regional and national lending sources allows us to obtain the most competitive rates in the real estate industry.
Katchen Company adheres to the following fiduciary duties as outlined by the Colorado Real Estate commission:
- Perform the terms of the written agreement made with the seller;
- Exercise reasonable skill and care for the seller;
- Promote the interests of the seller with the utmost good faith, loyalty, and fidelity, including, but not limited to:
- Seeking a price and terms which are acceptable to the seller, except that we are not obligated to seek additional offers to purchase the property while the property is subject to a contract;
- Presenting all offers to and from the seller in a timely manner, regardless of whether the property is subject to a contract;
- Disclosing to the seller adverse material facts actually known by our Company;
- Advising the seller to obtain expert advice as to material matters about which our company knows, but the specifics of which are beyond our expertise;
- Accounting in a timely manner for all money and property received;
- Informing the seller that they may be vicariously liable for the acts of our Company when we are acting within the scope of the agency relationship.